The Board of Education and taxpayers have provided excellent kitchens and cafeterias for the students. The meals are served at actual net cost, and the extra funds received from the state or federal government are used to reduce this cost. The lunch program was devised in order to provide wholesome and well-balanced meals. The student body is expected to be courteous
and mannerly, with proper respect for friends and teachers. The following policies and regulations are necessary in order to accommodate the student body without delays and inconveniences:
- All meals will be paid for in cash or by using the student's ID card account.
No checks or credit cards allowed. The cafeteria
cashiers will not accept currency in
denominations greater than $20.
- All eating and drinking shall be confined
to the cafeteria. All food and beverage
must be consumed in the cafeteria while
seated at a table with a tray.
- Since some classes are in continuous
operation during the lunch hours, students are required to pass to the eating
areas in an orderly fashion, and must
be in the cafeteria when the bell rings.
Students must remain in the designated
cafeteria areas for the duration of the
lunch period. No student is allowed to
enter any hallway prior to the dismissal
bell. Students are also not allowed to go
into the gymnasium or locker rooms during
- Students shall return trays, dishes, utensils
and garbage to the window opening into
the kitchen or to the designated area.
- Any accident or dish breakage should
be reported to the kitchen helpers and a
breakage fee will be assessed. Students
are expected to help clean up and keep
the eating areas presentable.
- Students cutting into lunch line will be
given detentions and/or denied certain
- Theft of cafeteria utensils or materials will
be treated in a manner consistent with
the policy concerning theft.
- Any student throwing food, paper, or
other items, may be assigned detentions/
suspensions and placed in an assigned
- Students who have been determined by
school officials to have created unsanitary
or unhygienic conditions through
improper use of food or paper items will
be subject to disciplinary action.
- Students will be expected to pay for any
food carried through the lunch line.
- Vending machines shall be used during
lunch hours, before, or after school only.
Students are not to use vending machines
during passing periods.
- The school will not accept deliveries of
fast food, pizzas, etc. for student lunches.
Only sack lunches prepared at home or
lunch money in a sealed envelope will be
accepted for delivery to students.