Teen Driver? What Every Parent Should KnowFriday, June 12, 2020
The New Lenox Safe Communities America Coalition has developed a program for parents of new teen drivers. The event will take place via Zoom video-conference on Thursday, June 25th from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
The program will feature guest speakers from the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office, Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210 Driver’s Education Department, Top Driver Driving School, the New Lenox Police Department, and Country Financial.
The program will cover the following:
1. Illinois’ Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Program – history, phases & sanctions.
2. Lincoln-Way Driver Education curriculum – classroom & behind-the-wheel.
3. Police officer perspective on how GDL is enforced in New Lenox.
4. Guidance for parents including delivering 50 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction.
5. Auto Insurance considerations having a teen driver in the house.
The GDL Parent-Teen Driving Guide created by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office will be available as a PDF and a “Student Driver” magnetic car sign will be available compliments of our event coordinator, Rocky Dellamano from Country Financial.
Please register at Eventbrite via this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teen-driver-what-every-parent-should-know-tickets-109201430418 Prior to the event, a link to the Zoom videoconference will be sent to all registrants via email.
For questions about the program, please contact Daniel Martin, Safe Community Coordinator, Village of New Lenox, at (815) 462-6493 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.