Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) provide a variety of individual and group services to foster student development in academic, personal and career areas. These services are provided by our counseling staff, nurses, social workers, and school psychologists.

The PPS Department is based on the belief that each student is a unique individual deserving of respect and possessing potential for developing his/her talents. The PPS department encourages students to develop their entire intellectual, personal-social, and career potential.


Counseling is an integral part of the school. A student will have many opportunities to see his/her counselor and is encouraged to see the counselor as often as necessary.

Guidance information will be presented to students as part of a guidance curriculum during lunch/advisory hour, individual career readiness meetings, or individual responsive service meetings.

Services provided by the counselors include: individual and group counseling; course selection and college/career readiness; testing and test interpretation; consultation for post-secondary education transition.


Social Work service provides consultation and/or direct intervention to the students and families of Lincoln-Way High School. Concerns regarding a student’s social, emotional, or behavioral health can be referred for social work intervention. The school social workers can be contacted through each building’s PPS department.


A homebound services evaluation may be requested for a student with a documented medical condition who requires temporary special services at home or in a hospital. A physical impairment lasting from two weeks to six months must be documented in writing by a physician on a form provided by District #210. The building Special Services Coordinator or PPS Director will arrange for the instruction after the parent or guardian has requested the evaluation and the physician has documented the temporary disability. Requests for services must be renewed and reviewed each quarter. Parents requesting homebound services should contact PPS for the homebound services application.


District #210 residents under 21 years of age are allowed to enter regular high school credit courses. Adults 21 years of age or older are not permitted to enroll in the regular scheduled program. Adults 21 years of age or older have the opportunity to participate in high school equivalency programs through Joliet Junior College.