Admission Procedure

From Lincoln-Way Board of Education Policy Manual 7:50 – School Admissions and Student Transfers To and From Non-District Schools  

All students must register for school each year on the dates and at the place designated by the Superintendent. Parents/guardians of students enrolling in the District for the first time must present: 

  1. A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not presented, the Superintendent or designee shall notify in writing the person enrolling the student that within 30 days he or she must provide a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. A student will be enrolled without a birth certificate. When a certified copy of the birth certificate is presented, the school shall promptly make a copy for its records, place the copy in the student’s permanent record, and return the certified copy to the person enrolling the child. If a person enrolling a student fails to provide a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate, the Superintendent or designee shall immediately notify the local law enforcement agency, and shall also notify the person enrolling the student in writing that, unless he or she complies within ten days, the case will be referred to the local law enforcement authority for investigation. If compliance is not obtained within that ten-day period, the Superintendent or designee shall so refer the case. The Superintendent or designee shall immediately report to the local law enforcement authority any material received pursuant to this paragraph that appears inaccurate or suspicious in form or content. 

  1. Proof of residence, as required by Board policy 7:60, Residence. 

  1. Proof of disease immunization or detection and the required physical examination, as required by State law and Board policy 7:100, Health, Eye, and Dental Examinations; Immunizations; and Exclusion of Students. 

The individual enrolling a student shall be given the opportunity to voluntarily state whether the student has a parent or guardian who is a member of a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces and who is either deployed to active duty or expects to be deployed to active duty during the school year. Students who are children of active duty military personnel transferring will be allowed to enter: (a) the same grade level in which they studied at the school from which they transferred, if the transfer occurs during the District’s school year, or (b) the grade level following the last grade completed.  

 Withdrawing a Student from Lincoln-Way District 210 

Parents/Guardians must come to Lincoln-Way High School to properly withdraw the student. All the student’s assigned materials must be returned along with the completed Records Release below. 

 Permission to Release Records  
Central | East | West 

(Make sure to provide your child’s NEW school information.) 

 When you arrive, please check in with the Main Office. All assigned items must be returned when the parent comes to sign the student out. 

  • Laptop and charger (current freshmen and sophomores). 

  • All assigned textbooks. 

  • Any library books/items previously checked out. 

  • Any extra-curricular supplies/uniform. 

  • Pay financial obligations, if applicable. 

 Contact the Registrar for Assistance  

• Central Campus – Mrs. Tammy Cantu, registrar - (815) 462-2237 or  

• East Campus – Ms. Karen Stack, registrar - (815) 464-4165 or  

• West Campus – Mrs. Sandra Chellios, registrar - (815) 717-3540 or