Dear Lincoln-Way families,
Lincoln-Way is committed to creating a supportive, kind, and safe environment for all students to learn. Several initiatives have been put into place this school year to ensure our staff are equipped to do just that.
Beginning in September and continuing throughout the school year, our staff participates in regular professional development focused on creating an inclusive atmosphere at school, ensuring all students feel a sense of belonging at Lincoln-Way.
Also in September, students received information on suicide prevention in the form of presentations during their advisory hours. In October, the focus was on bullying prevention, providing students with the tools they need to contribute to an inclusive learning environment.
November has been a month focused on spreading kindness. Students have participated in a variety of activities such as sharing messages of kindness through posters and locker notes throughout the school, wearing bracelets that say ‘YOU MATTER’ with the Suicide Prevention Hotline phone number on the inside, and a kindness spirit week culminating in World Kindness Day on Saturday, November 13th.
As an additional resource to families, please be sure to visit our wellness resources website for information on local and national support services to help those who may be struggling.
Moving ahead to next week, we hope that you and your family are looking forward to Thanksgiving break as a time to rest and recharge. As we approach the holidays and colder weather, below are some seasonal reminders:
- Thanksgiving Break – Wednesday, November 24th-Friday November 26th
- Please note: Student planners list a conference day with no school on Tuesday, November 23rd, however, school will be in session, and we will follow an early release schedule (visit your school's website (Central/East/West) for the early release schedule).
- Finals – Wednesday, December 15th-Friday, December 17th
- Winter Break – Monday, December 20th-Monday, January 3rd
- Monday, January 3rd will be Institute Day, and students will return to school on Tuesday, January 4th.
- Every attempt will be made to determine the need for an emergency weather closure by 8pm the night before. A decision will be made by 5am at the latest. Communication will be sent through the following channels:
- Email, phone call, and text message (please be sure all contact information is updated in Skyward)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Lincoln-Way 210 website and mobile app
- In the case of an emergency weather closure, all Lincoln-Way schools will follow the emergency e-learning plan, which can be found on our website.
We thank you all for your continued partnership and support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to district and building leaders for any questions or concerns.
To download a copy of this letter, click here: https://5il.co/11z4k